Does an external condensate pipe have to be insulated?
If you are installing a Greenstar CDi Classic or i boiler or using a CondenseSure kit with a boiler then the pipe does not have to be insulated as long as it is 32mm diameter pipe and no longer than 3m length.
For other gas or oil boilers then external condensate runs must be kept to a maximum of 3 metres and must be insulated.
It may also be advisable to increase the pipe diameter to 32mm.
If pipework is not sufficiently sized and insulated, freezing of the condensate may occur. If this happens, your boiler would display a fault code which could be any of the following, depending on your boiler: 'EA' fault code, 'D5' fault code or a blue slow flashing light that remains off longer than it flashes on.
More All FAQs
- How do I reset my EasyControl password?
- How do I create a Bosch ID account?
- How do I log out and create a personalised Bosch ID account?
- I'm moving house and want to take my EasyControl with me. Can I install it in a new property?
- Do I have to subscribe to a service to be able to use the EasyControl?
- The thermostat updates automatically. Can I turn this off?
- We’ve had a power cut. Does that affect EasyControl?
- If I remove EasyControl from the wall (e.g. for renovation work) how long will its settings be kept?
- How many colours is the EasyControl available in?
- Guarantee vs Warranty