Do I need a chimney?
If you don’t have a chimney, a flue can still be readily installed. A flue vents the smoke, hot gases and other by-products created by wood when it burns into the atmosphere.
It can be connected to the top of the stove and run vertically up inside your home then out through the roof. Alternatively it can be connected to the back of your stove and go straight through an outside wall then up the outside of your property.
As well as performing perfectly, good quality flues also look great, with some available in a range of colour finishes.
If a visible flue is not for you then you can build a fake chimney breast around it to give you that fireplace feel.
Your Worcester Accredited Installer will advise on the best flue type and size to suit your home and the visual style you want.
Approval - Fitting, altering or replacing an external flue or chimney, or having work done that affects a chimney, including fitting a new stove and a new chimney liner, will likely need building regulations approval. However planning consent is not normally required provided certain conditions are met. Always check both of these with your local authority and your HETAS-approved installer before having any work done.
More All FAQs
- How do I reset my EasyControl password?
- How do I create a Bosch ID account?
- How do I log out and create a personalised Bosch ID account?
- I'm moving house and want to take my EasyControl with me. Can I install it in a new property?
- Do I have to subscribe to a service to be able to use the EasyControl?
- The thermostat updates automatically. Can I turn this off?
- We’ve had a power cut. Does that affect EasyControl?
- If I remove EasyControl from the wall (e.g. for renovation work) how long will its settings be kept?
- How many colours is the EasyControl available in?
- Guarantee vs Warranty